Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Meaning of Being Lonely



I speak to myself when I’m alone,
I walk down the railings of my memory,
I calculate what I have got and which place is still empty.

I’m far away from my surroundings, although I’m amongst it,
Stare with my eyes wide open and try to feel the bit.

They laugh, they play, and they dance
But I’m always in a trance.
They say I’m lost, taken away by my silence
I think I’m not lost, but try to understand them with patience.

Am I lonely? I don’t have the answer
They say, “She’s intellectual.”
Somebody adds, “Yes a true pseudo-intellectual.”
I say, “Your views are natural. I’m confused of myself.”

If thoughts differ, if thoughts suffer,
Silence can be the best healer.
But I go on searching the answer
“What is the meaning of being lonely?”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

simply awesome

but don't be so lonely

try to realise the voice of nature and u'll find solace in the huge crowd of lonely beings who desperately try to identify themselves in this cliched world

Poulomi said...

truly even in a crowd we r so lonely at times...so much of noise and running about does not effect our lives when the ones we want around us, isolate us ...

simple yet vivid writing.. :)

.L.O.S.T said...

Very vivid. Nice :)